Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Red Letter Day...

Today is it...

Know how people always say that, 'there is no time like the present', that 'now is the time'. 'Forever is composed of nows'. Well, for once, I'm making use of those proverbs. Today, I'm going to do something that truly scares me. No, two things that scare me. For it's only in the face of our true fears that we can say that we are actually living. Spiders, heights, dieing. These are trivial compared to Man's true fears: Success, Happiness, Love. If man weren't terrified of such fears, we'd have a better world. One where Pride would be a wall one must climb to see the face of true Romance, Joy, and Life.

Dare I say, Pride is one of Mankind's greatest enemies. Pride for one's country, religion, self. It's these things that lead to downfall. I shall overcome this hurtle, one that I've been faced with all my life, too afraid to jump, lest I fall. Today I shall dive into it with open arms, shouting "Geronimo!" all the way. It is truly an unprecedented day, indeed.


"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

No comments:

Post a Comment