Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Lust

"You were beautiful, but you are ugly. I didn't know it then, and I'm still not entirely sure now. You were always so good at covering that up. The bit of blood in every drop of bliss that flowed from your mouth. They say that ignorance is bliss. Not so, when you are filled with the doubt that comes with it. You were a vicious vixen, brooding and beautiful. Truly, a poisonous flower; too deadly to touch, too gorgeous not to. I came away with my life, but you have left your scars. No longer will I be the same because of it. I am paralyzed from the love that the bleeding hearts drown in. It is my wound, not my only, and not my last. I guess I can thank you for this. Maybe caution is what I needed, and you have delivered in spades."
- J. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment